Supporting you on your digital transformation journey
The 8 Elements of Coaching* sums up the skills an effective coach needs to have. Its a blend of directive and non-directive approaches that help individuals and team achieve optimal outcomes:
- Consultant – Develops frameworks
- Coach – Develops and sets shared goals
- Counsellor – Develops structures to resolve disfunction
- Change Agent – Focusses on embedding change
- Facilitator – Supports a formal outcome without advice
- Lean Leader – Develops people
- Trainer/Teacher – Focuses on skills development through instruction
- Mentor – Develops ‘how to’s
What is digital transformation?
Digital transformation is a process not a milestone that an organisation reaches and can then consider to have been “achieved”. While each journey is tailored and unique, there are 4 phases of digitisation:
- The early efforts tend to be disjointed, ad hoc activities using technology to support manual tasks.
- Over time, automation is introduced so that some activities (ie forms) are digitised but all processes around them are manual.
- The third phase is where the technology is largely integrated but only operationally and not strategically.
- The fourth and most elusive phase is where technology and digital thinking are the lifeblood of the organisation and a fundamental part of the strategy.